So DeLUSHious

I don’t read blogs much…ever really. So after many failed attempts at googling interesting blogs, I asked my most social-media-savvy roommate if she knew of any good ones. Maddie’s favorite celebrity, besides Beyonce, is model Chrissy Teigen. Chrissy’s blog is called “So Delushious“. As the name implies, her blog is a food blog, but it is also very personal. Each recipe is full of witty comments, photos of her family life and personal anecdotes. Since we have been talking about organization with our e-portfolios, I have to add that Chrissy’s blog is very well organized, eye-catching and easily navigated. Her home page is all delicious-looking photos and clicking on each photo takes you to a recipe. Accompanying the recipes are step-by-step pictures, often containing members of her family including her dog, her mother stretching in front of the TV and her husband, all of which add to the personal element of her blog. Her style of writing is very relaxed, conversational and humorous. She never takes herself too seriously, making the blog sound far more personal than professional. So if you’re looking for some yummy food and a little comic relief, “So Delushious” is the place to go.

As for the rhetorical situation of the blog, I would have to say that the audience consists of Chrissy’s fans, both people familiar with blogs and people, like my roommate Maddie, who love Chrissy and love food but don’t really read blogs. I think the blog’s exigence is both to reach Chrissy’s fans and show them pieces of her life, as well as to share her love of cooking and some delicious recipes with others so that they can enjoy them as well. The genre of the blog can be categorized in many different ways: personal, culinary, entertainment, self-advertising.

Homepage of "So Delushious"
Homepage of “So Delushious”

3 thoughts to “So DeLUSHious”

1. This is really cool. I had the hardest time finding a published blog as well because I do not blog (yet) outside of class. However, you are lucky you had a roommate who was able to help you out…. I was not fortunate enough, I just received blanked stares from mine.

Anyways, I do like how you talked about her organizations and that you are still keeping open options about how to approach your e-portfolio. I also like the idea about how she keeps her blog personable and friendly so her fans can relate to her and know her life. I hope to do the same with all of my friends with my e-portfolio… With that being said, I think you did a good job approaching the rhetorical aspect of who she approaches through exigence.

2. Thanks for sharing. I also posted a food blog this time, and I can see a lot of similarities between them according to your description. First, both of them are very personal, and post in a very relax and casual style. In addition, as a characteristic of food blog, they shared variety of food pictures and recipes, which make the blogs colorful and enjoyable to read. I agree with your point on the audiences. Although food blogs have a certain number of fans, they are actually not reaching out to everyone. Especially compared with blogs about current events or sports, they are less likely to attract a large number of people. However, they do have fans who love cooking or simply want the similar lifestyle, and I think they are the real audiences.

3. Thanks for sharing this blog. I can definitely relate to your struggle finding a blog (just as you related to my struggle). I really like the tone of Chrissy’s blog. Just from the title of the blog and the picture I was intrigued and wanted to read more. I could tell she was relaxed and conversational even from the category labels, which she named “stuff I make,” “stuff I eat” and random ramblings” instead of using more formal labels such as “recipes.” The recipe I clicked on, labeled “The Perfect Scallop” used very informal language, including a dramatic all-capital interlude expressing Chrissy’s frustration that her first blog post had accidentally been deleted. The added voice and humor made the steps more lively and engaging.