Writing About Myself in the Third Person

Oscar Patch Brown
Oscar Patch Brown

Meghan Brown is a sophomore at the University of Michigan. She is currently pursuing a degree in Neuroscience, as well as taking part in the Minor in Writing program. She considers her hometown, Traverse City, Michigan, the biggest influence on her passions in life. Growing up surrounded by water, she spends most of her time at home swimming, boating and enjoying the beauty of Northern Michigan. She also loves spending time with her big Italian family, her friends and her beloved dog, Oscar.

2 thoughts to “Writing About Myself in the Third Person”

1. Hi Meghan,

It’s interesting to know that you consider your hometown to be such a major influence in your life. Growing up by the water sounds wonderful. I like that you included your dog and the backdrop of being on the water (I think that’s what’s in the background at least), in your photo.

I’d be interested to learn more about how exactly your life has been influenced by being always by the water.

Also, in response to your comment on my bio, Spoon University is an on-campus publication about eating as a college student. We write about new restaurants opening in town, easy recipes to make in a dorm or apt, and how to eat healthy/on a budget. You should definitely check out the site. michigan.spoonuniversity.com.

2. I like your bio. It was very simple and to the point, without any unnecessary details. What has impacted you most by being near the water? What is your favorite thing to do in the water? I love that you named your dog Oscar. I personally think human names for animals is one of the greatest things ever. Do you or any of your family members actually speak Italian, or is that just family history?