A Brooklyn Girl

Ayana McPherson, a Brooklyn, NY native, is a 2012 graduate of LaGuardia High School for Music and Art & the Performng Arts, also known as the “Fame School.” There she majored in Dance and continued this undying passion at the University of Michigan. Although dance was among her favorite things to do, she also enjoys spending time with good friends and family, eating, obessing over chocolate and drinking Caprisun. Ayana also loves giving back to her community and being able to make a difference in the lives of others. Whether it be as a role model, donating money, community service or philanthropic efforts she will find a way to be a great person, “not in loud words but in good deeds!”

2 thoughts to “A Brooklyn Girl”

1. Ayana, I really enjoyed hearing you read your bio aloud in class today. Just as we said in class, I think that the Capri Sun fun fact was great and your picture really reinforced your love for it. I also think it’s really cool that you attended La Guardia High, I’m a musical theater nerd and have heard about it through Fame as well as other various ways! I would love to see a video of you dancing. It would be cool if you added a link to your blog post!
    -Hannah

2. Ayana, it’s very cool that you are into dance. Reading about it in your bio (and hearing you talk a little about it in class the other day) reminded me of my freshman year at Michigan when my roommate and I randomly decided to join the Ballroom Dance Team. While I only lasted a semester, it was an experience I was glad to have and I can see why people love dancing. I’m also in agreement with Hannah about the picture you chose for this post being a very appropriate one. I like that it seems like a candid shot (whether or not it was) and it needed no caption. One thing I’d like to hear about that you didn’t include was your connection to writing.