Blind Competition

First, I want to include a link to my original source for project 2. Here it is: http://www.willmruben.tumblr.com/

Feel free to explore it to get a better understanding of my project’s intent.

As explained in my proposal, I am going to create a business plan/feasibility analysis for opening a rock music venue in Ann Arbor. As part of my initial research, I begun by looking at competition. The most direct competition I found was another popular venue for alternative rock music, the Blind Pig. To learn more about this successful business, I decided to visit their website. The purpose of learning your competition is to know what is working, what isn’t, and what is still not being offered that customers would like to see.

From this initial research, I was able to view the acts that are coming to the blind pig so I can offer something new. I also took down pricing tips. Lastly, I must consider timing conflicts between shows at the Blind Pig and other venues to allow the opportunity for the most potential visitors to my club.index_header

Additionally, based on this image, I now that I am going to need a very strong marketing technique to catch the eye of the average college student.