“I’ve always been famous, it’s just no one knew it yet” – Lady Gaga

I really appreciated having my Project II workshopped, because not only did I get to share an experience that means a lot to me, but I got feedback that helped me improve something I care about.

Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of a lot of the feedback I received, was that there was nothing I could do about it. I was asked to write an entire book, I was asked to add more stories, and I was asked to elaborate on every detail. And trust me, I wanted to!!! While this was not possible within the time constraints of Project II, I decided that my Project III should not only re-mediate, but give more as well.

For my Project III, I will be putting together a video clip that is in the format of a Fan Q&A. Famous authors and actors often have sessions where their fans submit questions for them to answer. For an author, these questions are usually personal, and pertaining to their vision of their characters. For example, many fans probably want to know what Hermione’s favorite snack is, and if the books didn’t share that information, J.K. Rowling would be the only person they could ask. I plan to watch a bunch of these Fan Q&A’s so that I can draw from them the types of questions I should answer. I also plan to draw the majority of the questions from what I wrote down during the in-class workshop, as well as the feedback letters that everyone in the class wrote to me.

I’m really excited to be able to cover exactly what it is that everyone wanted to know. And I am even more excited to make my first iMovie project that isn’t all about squirrels!

Photo on 11-12-14 at 8.43 PM

Time to dive back into these feedback letters…