Oh Writing…

Writing is hard.

Even as a 20 year old, writing minor, I still contest that writing is hard. Getting those first few words out on the paper is always a challenge. And honestly, I think that this will continue to be the case even as I mature as a writer. However, the fact that writing is a challenge makes writing better. Every time I write I am forced to go out of my comfort zone and produce something I am proud of.

Writing requires thought.

Even if I am mindlessly writing, it still requires thinking. That is one of the aspects I love most about writing. It requires me to think, and dig deeper about each thought I have. Putting thoughts down in writing are permanent. They are physical, no longer just thoughts bouncing around in one’s mind.

Writing has the ability to heal.

I am not one to be preachy, but I do think that writing has the power to heal. I find writing to be a form of therapy. When I am upset, or overwhelmed, I will write. Whether or not I write about what is bothering me, or something completely different, I almost always feel relieved after I am done. Even if it is something as simple as writing a to-do list, writing does have the ability to heal.

image-via-toonpool.com_

Writing is powerful.