Project III: State of the Project

Prior to my meeting with T, I was pretty worried about Project III. I was concerned about what content to include and how to make it all meaningful without explicitly shoving the “meaningfulness” in a viewer’s face. After meeting with T, I had a better definition of what I was going for, but it was still going to be a challenge.

This past weekend, I travelled 4 hours north to my hometown to conduct the video interviews that will make up the bulk of Project III. Presently, all I have is the raw material – 75 individual videos. I decided to record questions individually rather than capture an entire interview because I plan to mesh it all together, with the 4 different people I talked to coming in at different points throughout. I’m not sure if that was the best method to take. If it happens to cause problems when I’m attempting to put everything together, I will have to call it a rookie mistake; I’ve never done something quite like this.

Without having a chance to review the videos yet, I am still concerned about putting them together in such a way that there is a cohesive beginning, middle, and end to the final product. Also, I haven’t decided what to do when it comes to music and still images. I think they could be supplementary, but I have a limited amount of time to cobble this together. There is also the business of interjecting my own voice in at points. I think I definitely need to include a voiced over introduction. It may be necessary to jump in throughout the project as well. But what will I be showing when I’m talking? And should I physically appear or just have my voice?

There are many question marks that remain as far as this project is concerned, and with everything else I have going on right now, I’m bracing myself for a stressful week.

Stressed