Thank you, lovely Capstone people

Anyone else having one of those weeks? The ones where each time you’ve finished an assignment you’ve been slaving over for hours, days, you realize you have three more to do? That would be my week. I had papers due in every class. Even my biology class had a paper due on Tuesday. Like, what??

But I’m not here to rant. I’m her to take a moment during this crazy busy week to say thank you. Thank you, fellow Capstoners, for being in this race to the semester’s finish line with me. Thank you for laughing at my occasional semi-witty jokes in class. Thank you for commiserating with me about not having a job yet. Thank you, Shelley, for addressing us as “smart people” in your emails. You don’t know what that means on a day when I get a less than stellar grade back or am struggling through a term paper.

I don’t know about you, but I look forward to my writing assignments. They’re my favorite. I need them to get through nine hour sessions in the library. I need them to spark my creativity before the monotony of other assignments takes me down.

We got this, guys.

All you smart people, we’re gonna make it to the end of the semester.

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.

4 thoughts to “Thank you, lovely Capstone people”

1. Aww, thank YOU Katie!! I completely agree with this post. It’s so nice being able to walk into a class where everyone, (even when we are all dying (aka every day)), actually cares about what they’re working on, and on top of that, what everyone else is working on. Things to remember: our grades hardly even affect our GPA now, for better or for worse. This class is gameified. We will get jobs. Drake shows even more excitement about our lives here:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/86a5ad963ed31f814478b148d0902f43/tumblr_neuu0j5OQP1rpt0jio1_400.gif

2. Ahahaaha, this post made me smile Katie!

I have “one of those weeks”…every week. Just saying. So I totally feel you. It’s like this never-ending battle. I get so pumped to cross off the assignments in my agenda pad and then, when I see that I have crossed everything off, I realize I have forgotten about ten more items. AAAH. The stress never ends.

But yes. Thank goodness for this class. Thank goodness we have a place where we can just relax (I shadily look forward to the laid-back environment that Shelley has created for us in that nice, little North Quad nook). It’s funny how we all get so invested in whatever we are working on, that even when 5:30 rolls around, we’re all hanging back for quite some time. I haven’t had the opportunity to read everyone’s blog posts, though, so I decided that I’m going to take a break from my stressful, “one of those” days, and read all of the witty, intriguing thoughts from my fellow Capstone peers 😀

3. Ok, I know I’ve gone on and on about me not commenting because I really want this blog to be your space–and that’s true. AND, I just had to log in here to say thank YOU, Katie and all of you wonderful, smart people. Working with you is ALWAYS the highlight of my week. You’re doing thoughtful work and taking such good care of each other and with each other. It’s somethin’ else, y’all.