The Story behind The Storyboard

Storyboarding is an interesting process. To start things off, before I had to to both storyboards, I had absolutely no idea how I was going to set up the storyboard or what both my video and my website was going to look like. Then I just started working on both, and the idea just appeared to me. To start things off, for my Remediation Project, I want to make a commercial for it before I make the actual video. I wasn’t really sure how I wanted to do it, but wen I started drawing it out, this is what I got.

20141104_121048
My Storyboard for my commercial

Although it’s sideways (I can’t rotate it for some reason), I hope that it’s easy enough to understand what I want to do with this assignment. As for my actual video, the same thing happened. I really didn’t know how I wanted to set up the timing and scenes for the video. So again, I just started writing. This was the end result (sorry it’s side ways again).

20141104_121052
Storyboard part 1
20141104_121056
Storyboard Part 2

There’s only one issue with this storyboard. I’m still not sure how I’m going to do it. I recently purchased a camcorder, which will hopefully let me record exactly what I want, but I’m still nervous about the recording and editing process.

This was luckily not the case with my storyboard for my ePortfolio. When I was figuring out how I wanted to set it up, I was hoping for something that would read look at least somewhat similar to a book of some kind. I got lucky too. Right before we drew up the storyboards, I found a template on weebly that I believe fits what I want to do perfectly. Once I did that, the storyboard was easy. I hope that this is at least what it can kind of look like.

My ePortfolio
My ePortfolio

Now the only issue I have is that I need a cover for this home page. But I think it will be pretty good. I’m looking forward to seeing the final project will look like.

Clarence Stone

A sports fanatic from Detroit Michigan. The moment I put a pencil to paper, I realized that writing was something that I cared about, and I can't wait to become better.

One thought to “The Story behind The Storyboard”

1. CJ,

Nice work, as always. It’s good to see that your stroyboard helped you figure out what you wanted to do with you project. I remember from our first conversations that you weren’t sure and I certainly played Devil’s advocate for you. But it’s good to see that are doing a commercial.

Anyways, for the video, I just took clips offline, converted them into mP4s or I used my iPhone’s video capabilities. I’ve also had lots of help from generous colleagues.

Good Luck