Never-Ending Eportfolio

Eportfolio – what’s that?  KIDDING.

Besides final exams, the ePortfolio has basically summed up my past couple of weeks.  I constantly find myself drifting to my Wix website to make another edit as another idea pops into my head.  It seems like an endless process.

But, what do you expect from a perfectionist?

I am so happy with the final product.  What is really surprising is that it is nothing like my original vision.  Let’s just say my original vision didn’t go so well (for lack of better terms….it kind of sucked).

BUT, this led me to create a new design that I am absolutely in love with.  The layout describes my personality and my overall theme of gratitude very well.  If I could change anything, I would maybe shorten some of the paragraphs.  I had trouble doing this since I wanted to give the reader as much background information as possible.  But, I feel that in a couple of instances I got a little carried away.

This process was very stressful to me since, once again, it was uncharted territory.  This seems like a theme this semester, trying new things.  I’m basically an explorer now…watch out Dora and Boots.

I found that I really enjoyed exploring all the different features the website offered and I liked adding little touches here and there to make it more personal.

One of the things I am most proud of is getting my video to fit onto my Remediation page.  Originally, I wasn’t sure how to make it work, but I think that it is great that the viewer can click through to the YouTube site if they would prefer to watch it there.

So, without further adieu, here is the link to my ePortfolio.  Enjoy!

Please let me know what you think in the comments below!

Amanda Kemmer

Amanda (noun): Ross BBA senior. Avid puppy lover. Detroit International Half-Marathon runner.

3 thoughts to “Never-Ending Eportfolio”

1. Hi Amanda,

I really enjoyed your post because it echoed much of what I reflected on in mine and what Sophie’s post touched on: perfectionism. It’s definitely a habit that can sometimes be frustrating but often results in a great final project, as we see here with your Eportfolio. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it and as a viewer I appreciate the accessibility and honesty of the multimedia channel.

The design to your Eportfolio is very unique and expressive. As you mentioned, the integration of your remediation project also works really well in this context. It was definitely worth the effort to fit it onto the page. It’s so amazing to see your final products all lined up here after seeing you work so avidly on them these past few weeks, especially through your illnesses. Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful break! You deserve it!

Anisha

2. Hey Amanda! You’re ePortfolio looks awesome. It’s weird to think that when we were in a blog together you were just deciding what to repurpose. I think it’s cool that you decided to use that to create a theme for your ePortfolio. As I said, I really like how it came out, and I enjoyed viewing your works. As for feeling never ending, I totally agree. Do you plan to keep up with your ePortfolio after this class? Best, Lia

3. Hey! It is weird considering that this is our last “everything” for our gateway course. I wanted to start out with saying how cool it was to see everyone’s process all throughout this semester. I definitely do believe that you and me had the same struggles/obstacles/thoughts about our writing project (minus your sickness). But overall, I definitely in the end we both appreciated all the time and effort we put in to accomplish the projects. I am excited to see your progress and success in the b-school!