Einstein Was Right (A Review of Audience)

The topic of racism is complex. In discourse, it requires advocates for the “racism is alive and well” viewpoint to take two steps for every one that the “racism isn’t still around” viewpoint (the irony of my ‘two-steps-for-every-one’ reference in relation to racism is not lost on me).

With that in mind, I am writing to both of these audiences. Hopefully, my argument and exploration allows for those who vehemently disagree with the existence of racism to realize why it is still a possibility that racism exists, temporarily disassociating the audience from “white guilt” and a justification that no racist laws (technically) exist. I also want to support and provide arguments for the other group – those who believe that racism is still around, that it is an impossibility that it isn’t

However, I am writing “about” and “at” the group of people that deny racism. The reason I feel I cannot control aggressive sub-tones is because of the repercussions of such beliefs. When people are losing their lives and values because of another’s, it is not only unjust to actively commit these injustices, but irreprehensible to not say anything.

As Einstein once said, “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.”

This concept is the motive for my argument. This concept is indicative of whom I’m writing “about,” “at,” and “to.”