Three Lists

In class today, we discussed what academic disciplines have contributed to the skills we’ve used and will need to complete our assignments for the semester. In the case of my re-purposing essay, and my remediation process, those skills have varied. Equally important is the fact that there are missing elements that I can’t simply “sum up” or quantify. So:

What academic disciplines contribute to or inform the repurposing:

-In order to think from a variety of conflicting standpoints on my repurposing assignment, I’ve thought about the collision of academic disciplines I’ve studied as a whole – 35%
-Logical reasoning from discussion based classes like Writing – 20%
-Economics – 15%
-Sociology and Psychology together – 10%
-Gray area – 20%

What academic disciplines contribute to or inform the remediation:

-Taking all of my ideas, taking them as assumptions, and transforming them: Economics classes – 30%
-Employing creativity – Writing and English – 20%
-Using different format to appeal to difference perspectives: Sociology and Art – 15%
-Gray area – 35%

Still to learn/Gray area composition:

-How to specifically be vague. Talking only in terms of subject content and words I’ve learned in class creates boilerplate; being vague creates vagueness. I need to be able to articulate in a unique way what I can do and what my experiences are. I need to talk about forces that connect different components of my mind without talking about the actual things in my mind.
-I need to learn how to find better outlets to describe the things I want to describe: metaphors, concepts, and remediation tools.
-I need to become more comfortable with being in a mental limbo!
-I still don’t know.