The Final Countdown: Repurposing Edition (Extra Credit Blog)

For this blog I thought I would continue to work on my repurposing project. The peer review process was extremely helpful and the letters told me exactly what I need to work on. My revision plan is a bit more extensive than I expected, but I think I am headed in the right direction.
1. Add multi media: photos and hyper links
Being an advice column, it is important for it to look visually appealing. I am currently in the process of adding images and hyperlinks to make the blog more user friendly and easy on the eyes. What I am still deciding is whether or not to use photos from my own experience or find more “artsy” ones online. I am sure after I play around with the layout a bit more I will be able to decide what the right choice is!
2. Correct my citations
I currently have some incorrect citations in my annotated bibliography. I need to adjust and further research how to cite an anonymous interview by email. Purdue Owl offers some great facts in how to accomplish this. However, my descriptions of the citations are good and I am headed in the right direction.
3. Edit format to match advice column
This is something I am having trouble deciding. Advice columns can be different in nature, however, what I must decide is if I wasn’t to asthetically make it look like an advice column in a magazine or an online column for the magazine. They both will possess the same content, however, the appearance and impression will be different. I think that making this an online advice column may be more beneficial just to allow the readers to clock on hyperlinks and follow more actively.
4. Incorporate side column and fix areas of repetition
There are some areas in my column that I have found repetition For example, The first question I ask in the “packing” section is very similar to what I introduce as the issue “How can I fit 3 months of clothes into one bag?” Adjusting this will provide more fluidity and sound less repetitive. I am planning on adding another brief section/ side column on my own little do’s and don’ts pertaining to the subject matter.

I still have a lot of revisions to make, and who knows, while I am making them I may come up with another idea. The end is near and I can finally see this advice column coming together!

Allison Skaggs

Hello all! My name is Allison Skaggs and I am a junior at Michigan. I am from Orange County, California and decided to come to Michigan for a different kind of college experience! Currently, I am on the women's varsity water polo team and plan on majoring in Sport Management. Some things I enjoy during my time off are reading, swimming, attending sports games, and spending time with friends and family.