3 weeks left.

We have officially reached that point of the semester. By that, I mean we have reached the point of no return. This is that moment when you kind of wonder what the heck have you been doing all semester.  This is the 5th year I have experienced this, and the 9th semester, and yet I STILL have this feeling around this point. I question if I have enough time, and I question if I have done enough to make my life easier.  Luckily it also is that point in the semester where as long as you buckle down, everything will improve.

Part of this reason this point of the semester feels increasingly difficult is because of the type of class the Capstone course is. It is the kind of class where, for the most part. everything depends on the final thing that you have to do for the class. In ways this type of class is a blessing and a curse. First of all, its’ a blessing because it makes the daily demands that you may feel during a semester earlier on in the semester are not as bad. It is a curse because regardless of how prepared you think you are, your life becomes increasingly difficult the closer the semester comes to a close.

The key to this point of the semester will be the next 3 weeks. It might not seem like it right now, but 3 weeks is a lot of time to do a project. It just means you have to have the dedication to creating content. My project has the potential to be unbearably long, so if I want to actually get it done,  I have to just do it. The amount of work that I will need to do seems daunting, but as long as simply sit down and focus on telling the story I want to tell, I will do everything I want to accomplish.

Clarence Stone

A sports fanatic from Detroit Michigan. The moment I put a pencil to paper, I realized that writing was something that I cared about, and I can't wait to become better.

2 thoughts to “3 weeks left.”

1. CJ, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I am easily daunted by the idea that, in three weeks, this huge project must be completed. But you are right in that three weeks is a lot of time if we buckle down. Three weeks is almost a month!

2. Hi CJ,

I think we can all relate to this feeling. I especially agree with the structure of this class being particularly challenging. I find myself putting a lot of pressure to make the project reach full potential while balancing many of the stresses that come with being in one’s last semester of college. As Ray warned us at the beginning of the class, one become so invested in their project, it’s difficult to reach our own expectations.

As both you and Erica said though, three weeks is still enough time to buckle down. Especially with the extra time we had over break, it is not an impossibility to complete the requisite tasks in time. I look forward to seeing how the project turns out and thanks for sharing!