It’s Tuesday and I’m Already Drowning in this Week

Doozy. This week is a doozy. But it’s also amazing, because I am focusing on many of my passions: writing, communicating, and music.

Let me explain. So, to be honest, the forefront of my mind consists of my a cappella group’s concert this Friday. But my remediation is a close 2nd. I’m extremely excited about creating my documentary about Ross students – the challenges they face, stigmas they must endear, and wonderful people they meet.

After meeting with Naomi today I have realized that I must identify the strong moments within my current film, elaborate on those, and then form my direction and story arc that effectively┬áimpacts my audience. It’s challenging to understand the message I want to convey through my documentary, but also exciting. I am looking forward to interviewing more students and faculty later this week, and further understanding the story and message within my documentary. It’s been extremely interesting and motivating to further understand my feelings and thoughts regarding this documentary through filming and talking with students.

The goals that I have set for myself are challenging but necessary to complete a product that sends a powerful message. I need more interviews that drive students to truly think about how they feel about their Ross experience. I need to identify the strong moments within my piece and use those to develop my story arc. And I need to thoroughly edit the technical pieces of my footage so that they enhance my story rather than detract from it.

That being said, this photo accurately sums up how I feel about this week and life in general.

drowning in paperwork

Anna Prenzler

Anna is a senior studying business with a minor in writing at the University of Michigan. She believes you can never sing or laugh enough, and you must write things down for two reasons - to remember what happens in your life and to feel something.

One thought to “It’s Tuesday and I’m Already Drowning in this Week”

1. I feel the same way. Totally drowning in all the school work I have to do before the break. There is so much to do for our final portfolios it is definitely a top priority! I really enjoyed the rough cut of your film. I agree with Naomi in that identifying your strong moments and running with those will make your project amazing. I cannot wait to see what the other students you interview have to say about the Ross experience. Do you think you will incorporate other aspects to the video like slides with text of explanation? I wish you the best of luck in your editing process!