Status Update

Dear fellow bloggers and readers alike,

I am sitting in the University of Michigan’s Union Reading Room with a Klean Kanteen of coffee to my side and an extra chair to put my feet up on.  I am in my ideal working spot and have everything I need to get cracking for a productive night.

As I look through my “List of Things to do Before December 18th at 7:21 pm”, which by the way, is when my train takes off back to Chicago in case you wanted to invite me out to dinner or hang in the library sometime before the holidays, I am coming to terms with my time frame and work load over the next couple of weeks.  I can skip over subjects like physics and sustainability and society for the week, as they are a little less demanding of my attention at the time being.  I really need to focus my attention on history and writing, though, as I know I have plenty to do to prepare for their respective deadlines.

“What’s left” is what I always ask myself when I look at my to do list in writing.  I feel like it all just never ends!  So here’s what’s left:

1. I absolutely hate my “How and Why I Write” insert.  I worked for hours to get something started and I just could not get something on paper that was from the heart.  I need to completely re-look at that if I want to have a good piece to put in my portfolio.
  2. My ePortfolio is really coming along!  I have all of the pages formatted.  All I need to do is insert projects as I come to finishing them.  All of the photos in my website are my own, which I think adds a special little flare to the collection.Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 7.35.43 PM of my ePortfolio home page
  3. I am collecting information, pictures and quotes for my new remediation project.  I started all over with that project too.

Lately, I just feel like I can not make decisions about my writing.  I think I might just be about run down in terms of writing capacity for the semester.  I will be able to pull through in order to produce these last few projects, but I am just beyond pooped in trying to write things I really like!

Well, that’s enough for now.

Status update: in.

Caroline: out.

Caroline Petersen

Caroline is a contributing writer to the Sweetland Minor in Writing Blog. She is an architect in training and spends a lot of her time sipping on cappuccinos and discussing elements of malfunctioning building features. She is a city girl who spent her elementary summers in the middle of Iowa at her aunt and uncles farm. She is a woman of many (unusual) facets that are traditionally fairly useless.

2 thoughts to “Status Update”

1. Dear Caroline,

Let me begin by saying I really like the format of your blog post this week; I feel like I could benefit from making a “master to-do list” in this time of mass chaos that is the end of the semester, too. However, it sounds like you have a good handle on your remaining projects this semester. While you are not yet satisfied with your Why and How I Write project, I think you are off to a very strong start. And having the ePortfolio almost complete is a major accomplishment. I hope everything runs smoothly with your premeditation project, and then you will have completed your list! Best of luck going into these last few weeks, and thanks for sharing.

Jeremy Lynn

2. I so get you. I made 3 lists revolving around impending due dates: 1 by class, 1 by date, and 1 “to do” for each date. There’s so much.
    Your portfolio looks so amazing, by the way! All the work you’ve put in has really come through.
    I think Jeremy is right in that you did have a good start to your Why and How, but I like the ideas you threw around in our chat regarding adding images and whatnot.
    Also, I totally missed you changing your remediation! Oops. I’m excited to see where you’re taking it!