That’s all, folks!

I am super happy with my completed eportfolio. I hope that you all enjoy it, and I really thank everyone in the MiW 2015 cohort as well as the fabulous Professor Naomi Silver for all of your encouragement, feedback, and support. I have never produced a website before and I am so glad I got the opportunity to do so this semester. It was definitely challenging and stressful but in the end, all of my hard work totally paid off.

If I had more time to continue working on my eportfolio I would probably continue to add to my “music” section which is completely irrelevant to the coursework of Writing 220 but I feel adds a lot of personality and expression to my site. I would also work on a different way of embedding my repurposing project and “Why I Write” rather than just inputting it as a text box, if that makes sense. I also want to add some sort of blog aspect to keep my website current and ever-changing.

Going into this website, I wanted it to be 100% professional. However, I think ultimately I came up with a balance between professionalism and expression. By linking my resume to the site and dedicating an entire page to academic projects I have produced while at U of M, this site is super useful for job applications and interviews. At the same time, by adding lots of photos of my family and experiences as well as a section dedicated to my passion for music, I feel viewers can get a sense of who I am as more than a prospective employee but as a person.

Overall, this was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to continue learning more about myself as a writer and person throughout the minor in writing program. Enjoy my portfolio!

porkey

Anna Prenzler

Anna is a senior studying business with a minor in writing at the University of Michigan. She believes you can never sing or laugh enough, and you must write things down for two reasons - to remember what happens in your life and to feel something.

One thought to “That’s all, folks!”

1. Your eportfolio look wonderful! I think the music aspect is so cool to add to show off your interests and personality. I think it is awesome that you did not limit yourself to just professionalism. Adding a bit of your unique touch makes it more relatable! One of my favorite parts of the portfolio is the pictures with you and your family! It was great to go through and definitely easily accessible and appealing to look at! Great Job!