I cannot believe we have reached the final countdown in writing 220. This past week has been all about the remediation project. It has definitely been a longer process than I anticipated. It was nice to take a break and get my toes wet with the “Why I Write” piece, but I am still invested in the long journey that is the remediation project. After the peer review process, I have learned a lot about what is working and what can be improved upon. I am still in the process of meeting with a professional to advise me on fiction writing however, I think I have done a good job with cracking the surface.
I am enjoying fiction writing. I usually undergo extreme writers block when I write academic papers. Whether it be not knowing what information is important or how to eloquently word certain points, I get through it, but I struggle. I find that in my remediation project my writing is flowing rather smoothly and coming naturally. There are still some aspects I want to improve through the revision process, but as for the content I think I was able to capture what I wanted in each character.
What I am struggling with the most is the design aspect of the project. I am creating an iBook, which I have come to realize is somewhat limiting in it’s options of layout. I think it is a great program to work with, but I am challenged to make it work for the project. I am constantly changing the way I place photos and text. I am also attempting to find the perfect images to portray the characters I am emulating. I want them to be of good quality and authentic. This is the biggest challenge I am setting for myself in trying to select photos that I would have taken myself. Places I would have actually observed the people I am writing about in their environment. I hope I am able to emulate a type of “Humans of New York: Stories” for London and I am excited to continue working on it!