When Almost 4 months Feels Like 4 Days

Well, here we are. I’m writing my very last blog post of Writing 220. Can you even believe that??? I vividly remember walking into this class for the very first time, wide-eyed by the brilliant humans I was sitting by. But I had no idea what I was in for. I didn’t know what was coming. Throughout the course of this semester, I’ve experienced shock in various aspects. Shocked by the genius I had found in my fellow classmates’ work, shocked by the deadline is tomorrow??, shocked by the extensive hours of work I put in to make my vision come to life. How in the world did it go by so fast? My favorite class, over in the blink of an eye.

The other day after leaving our very last Writing 220 class (at least before our showcase), I called my mom on the phone as I was walking out of our classroom and talked to her non-stop for 30 minutes about how sad I was that that class was over. I was so out of breath when I was done rambling about how great it was, that I had to sit down. I then took the opportunity to do what I love to  do the most, I wrote about it. I wrote something along the lines of how the Minor in Writing not only is the best kept secret of the University of Michigan, but the biggest blessing to me in my college career thus far. All of the things I learned and researched helped me become a better writer, a better future educator, and a better person, and I am so thankful for that.

I aimed my ePortfolio at my family and friends, in addition to my fellow classmates, because I wanted it to be more personal. I think in the future Capstone class I will probably aim for a more professional take. So, without further ado, here is my ePortfolio: http://ntkrings.wix.com/nik-eportfolio (haha get it…nik-ePortfolio like Nikki) (ha ha) (ha). Very sad that this is the last blog post I will make as the baby MIW student, but can’t wait for what’s to come! Not crying because it is over, smiling because it happened. 🙂