ChloHard Goes Hard?

Well, that is not really the case anymore. Two years ago I met this crazy Australian guy on study abroad at UMich and… we got married. I decided to ditch the sorority life, travel, spend time in Australia, and now we are both back at Michigan to finish our degrees.

DSC_0277I thought a lot about moving to another country, however Michigan is the only school for me. I am a fifth generation Wolverine and the first woman in my family to attend the University. On contrary to what many of you may think, I am actually not from Michigan. I grew up in sunny South Florida and then migrated to Michigan. I am the oldest of five children… Chloe, Chase, Callie, Cassandra, and Chance (so obviously I would marry a Connor to fit into the C names).

MyDSC_0416 youngest sibling, Chance (who is featured in the picture to the left), is two years old, and he Facetimes me almost everyday to tell me about his choo-choo train. It is the cutest thing ever! However, growing up with younger siblings was the absolute best form of birth control for my brother and I. We are petrified of babies because we know exactly how deceiving they can be. Looking all cute and cuddly, but truly a lot of work.

Oh so speaking of work… I am extremely interested in construction law in order to help companies facilitate large development projects. At this point, you should be like why are you majoring in Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience? Well, my major has caused me to be highly interested in how the way people think affects their judgements and human relationships. I believe that every conscious decision is affected by how each individual perceives the situation.

Okay, so this is an awfully boring background about me. I really do not know what else to tell you like the fact that all I did yesterday was read an entire book or that my dog’s name is Ralph. I guess it is time for me to tell you about how I write. This is my story about writing.

I love to be utterly tired and stare at the computer screen with glassy eyes in the odd hours of the morning. The early morning is the only time that my mind is silent from the outside world and free to flutter ideas upon the page. I start off by lazily crawling out of bed, grabbing a hot steaming cup of chamomile tea (caffeine gets me too excited), and sitting down at the kitchen counter. My sweet dog is snoozing by my feet, my husband is still sleeping, and my apartment complex is still. There is nothing to disturb me, and my mind instantly focuses on the piece of writing at hand. This is the only time of day where absolutely nothing can distract my thoughts.

3 thoughts to “ChloHard Goes Hard?”

1. Chloe,
    I really enjoyed getting to know you and your description of how and where you write. I could picture the acts of crawling out of bed and the steam arising from your mug of tea and beginning to write. I also prefer to do my work in the morning into the mid afternoon, also due to the lack of distractions. However, these distractions are the Reds games or other sporting events that are on television or that I am going to. I know the feeling of being done with work and enjoying the rest of the day. I completely agree.

2. Hey Chloe,

It’s nice to get an idea of who you are through this post. I think it’s hilarious the way you contrasted being so close to your little brother and how it is effective birth control to be around children– I totally agree haha.
    As for your dual interest in BCN and construction law, I think it’s great that you’ve found a way to connect two seemingly different fields; I’m sure your multifaceted educational background will give you an upper hand when applying to law schools.
    Also, I thought the way you brought up the fact that you are married (cute picture of you two, by the way) was subtle, tasteful, and lighthearted.
    I would love to hear your stories about what Australia is like and how the transition from Florida to Michigan was.
    Looking forward to working with you this semester!

Che

3. Hi Chloe!
    Wow that’s a crazy story about getting married– the kind of thing I thought only happens in movies, but that is so awesome. Also, your little brother is so cute. How fun and difficult it must be to have a two year old brother. I thought my brother and my five year age gap was hard, but now it seems like nothing. I can really relate to when you talk about the quiet hours of the morning and no distractions. I have found that only the middle of the night or dawn can I actually accomplish things, because whether I’m at home or at school, there are always so many distractions. Anyways, I can’t wait to get to know you more this semester.

Your friend,

Meredith Fox