Do you actually believe the sex articles?

I have not read that many sex articles, but when I come across one, I am often left wondering how does this author make their argument believable. I’ve found a trend in the sex articles that I’ve read: the authors of these articles cite their own experiences having sex while making an argument. For example, I once read an article on VICE where a female writer outlines the best positions for sex for a girl by discussing her own sexual encounters. I don’t think this is wrong; it makes a sex article more relatable for the reader if the author talks about the sex they’ve had in the past. But where do we draw the line? How credible is this author if everything they’re basing their argument on is firsthand experience? I am very intrigued by this form of writing mainly because of this issue of their own credibility and how they mold their argument. In my opinion, a great sex writer should blend real scientific sex facts with their personal sexual experience if I am going to be convinced. Sex is obviously a very personal thing; everyone does it differently. I’ve never heard of someone having sex with two different people and it being exactly the same, so how can a writer conclude that a sex position is the “best one”. Sometimes what they write is a joke and is meant to be read for only entertainment. But when they try to make a clear argument, I am very interested in how they go about writing their article. If too much is based on their personal experience, I am incredulous. If too much is based on science, I am bored. Finding the sweet spot between the two is, in my opinion, what makes a sex article believable.