Music Magazines

As both an aficionado of music and writing, I have always found music-related magazines to be very entertaining. Last summer, I had the opportunity to write a few articles for my friend’s pop culture blog, and I found the experience to be amazing. Taking an audible instrumental art form and reinterpreting it linguistically is extremely challenging, but provides an entirely different understanding of the original piece. It is also interesting because one original song/album/genre/style/etc. can be interpreted and/or described in an infinite amount of ways. Reading these interpretations in music magazines, such as Rolling Stone and Billboard, opens my eyes to new ways of thinking about music, one of my deepest passions. Writing for or working for a music magazine would be an experience that I would love to be able to experience one day.

One thought to “Music Magazines”

1. “Writing for or working for a music magazine would be an experience that I would love to be able to experience one day.”… I have a similar aspiration! I applied for internships for over the summer with various publications to do just this. We should definitely talk.