My Internet Experience

After tracking my history on the World Wide Web for this extended weekend, I’ve noticed just how little of the Internet I utilize. For all intents and purposes the web is unlimited. There are an infinite number of pages to visit, articles to read, games to play, and things to learn. Despite this, I find myself mainly going back and forth between Facebook, ESPN, Canvas, and whatever TV show I decide to watch.

Of course there are times where I am fascinated by a link, which leads to another webpage, and another one, but this happens just on occasion, and not necessarily on purpose. I never set my mind on just “exploring the web.”

As I write this blog, I wonder why exactly I don’t travel all over the web more often. Don’t get me wrong, I am 20 years old and well equipped with technology, and certainly use it to my advantage, but at the same time, it feels as if no matter how much one surfs the web, missing an infinite amount of content is inevitable.

I am not trying to get to philosophical, but when it is really analyzed, have humans created something in the internet that we can’t even control? Think about it, different people have mastered most aspects of life, but no one has the time or the capability to take advantage of everything the Internet has to offer.

Sure there are people who make much more use of the Internet than myself, but its safe to say nobody sees it all.