Electronic Annotated Draft FTW

When Shelley suggested that I try a mini-assignment in class on Monday to help with my Capstone revision, I brushed it off. I thought there were so many more productive ways I could be spending my time in class, and decided to continue writing my Capstone piece. In the last week I have basically started over with my capstone, and I’m now writing a personal narrative about my experience with fashion throughout my life.

Today I spoke to Shelley via Skype after sending her my most recent draft. It was extremely helpful to talk it through with her and she had a lot of great ideas on how I should proceed. After our conversation, I realized that it might be helpful to do a mini-assignment. I chose to do the electronic annotated draft and I am so happy that I did. The assignment asks us to go through a draft and add comments in the margins in certain places where you want to know more, are unsure of your point, have questions, etc. Doing this after talking to Shelley was great because I was able to take her comments and pinpoint specific places where I could work on them.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 5.54.29 PM
I may have gone a bit over board with the comments…

This exercise was great, and I will be coming back to my draft in the next few days to answer and resolve all of the questions I posed for myself. Another lesson learned…Shelley is always right 🙂