Pet Peeves: Don’t make me take the lead

Created using the most dangerous writing app.

I don’t know what annoys me right now. I think that pet peeves are one of those things that you don’t know annoy you until they happen. When you try to think of them out of context you cannot but once it happens you know immediately that you hate it and that it is not just an isolated case but something that is much more general. I guess something that annoys me is when people just seem to assume that silence needs to be awkward or a bad thing. No silence can be good. Silence can be comfortable. Embrace it! Also I think what can annoy me is when people try and act nosy which is ironic because I can be very nosy at the same time. I don’t know really what else to say as I am just rambling now. I tend to do that which can annoy me. I think what also annoys me is when other people do not understand that I don’t want to be a leader. I don’t know but for some reason I always end up in group projects where I need to be the leader. Which just annoys me so much. Because that is not my personality. Aren’t there people who are supposed to want to control everything? Where are they? Why am I never grouped with them! I am more than happy to let them sit back and control things. They must all end up in the same group because I always end up with 3 other people who just want to let someone else lead. It is so annoying. Then I end up having to lead just because I don’t want things to get completely derailed. I guess that is a major pet peeve for me seeing as I have went on about it for a long time.

One thought to “Pet Peeves: Don’t make me take the lead”

1. I have this one professor. On the first day of class, we weren’t really participating because we were all still feeling out the tone of the class. My professor, he stops and sips his tea. Then he stares at us. Then he tells us about how, in American culture, we’re so uncomfortable with silence that we are taught from a young age that we need to somehow fill it. Then he continued to sip his tea and stare. We all stared back. Nobody broke the silence.

-Regina