A Final Post

Well, this semester certainly flew by. I think I’ll avoid saying that I’ve had a great time at U of M and that I can’t believe I’m graduating in just a couple of weeks because I think everyone else in the capstone is experiencing the same thing. Instead, I’ll just tell you a little bit about my project and stay in my happy place denying the fact that I won’t be returning to Ann Arbor next Fall.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 10.10.52 PM

Something I dream of is living in a world where people are well informed and communication is flawless. Naturally, this can’t happen, but I wanted to dedicate my time to creating a project that would at least give a little push in that direction. Because I am a bit of a science junky, especially in biological science, I created an analysis of misconceptions in science. I focused on GMOs (and a little bit on vaccines) to investigate the question of why the opinion of the general public seems to differ from the opinion of the majority of scientists.┬áMy overall goal was to encourage the audience to do more research on anything they don’t fully understand before forming an opinion about it.

So, here it is: http://kngilb.wix.com/capstone-portfolio

And with that, I’m officially done with my work at the University. I can’t believe it’s over already.

michaelscottgif