Admitting Defeat to Achieve Victory

This week, one main obstacle has been troubling my progress – the issue of admitting failure to achieve my initial goals in such a way that it appears that I am still victorious (in whatever capacity is appropriate for this project). Victory has a thousand fathers, and defeat is an orphan, but like Raymond said, whatever makes the project impossible creates the best content – struggle is more interesting. This makes the process of admittance that much harder, and “wordsmithing” is becoming a struggle. Beyond vocabulary I am having trouble formulating the logic of my rehabilitation section. My meeting with Raymond, however, shed some light on how to break the ice.

Whether it is in my final reflection or in another section, discussing my before and after definitions of both composition and rehabilitation can help me achieve victory. Entering a project that has been so over my head has an obvious genesis in naiveté. I was ignorant to the process of composition and rehab and set unrealistic goals for myself, which was, speaking frankly, an ignorant yet good decision. Avoiding the attempts to do exactly what I used to do as good as I used to be able to do it would have been an injustice to myself. Not only would I have always wondered what the possibilities could have been, I would have cheated myself of vital wisdom – wisdom that will give my project more truth and quality. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them (thanks, Einstein). Perhaps this very passage will be the way I convey this to my readers.

I’d love to hear how others have achieved similar issues, opinions on what I’ve said, or any advice on how to pull this off.