So I’m supposed to be giving you future miw students some advice… but it’s the end of the term and to be honest, I still don’t really know what I’m doing. I also feel like giving advice is scary because if it leads you down a terrible path, I don’t want to be to blame….
So, I’m going to give you some advice anyway (because, frankly, that’s the assignment, so I have to), but I’m going to purposely end with idk tho. That way if your life ends up ruined it won’t really be my fault.
- Go with your instincts. If you have an idea, don’t waste your time trying to come up with a better one. Just roll with what you already have, and see where it’ll take you.
- Contrary to popular belief by teachers across America, sometimes leaving your assignment until the night before works out well (T, let me explain before you decide to flunk me for saying that). This semester I was super busy and, so, I ended up having to do things last minute sometimes. What I found is that some of my best work was produced by doing that because the pressure to meet a deadline kept me so focused.
- Don’t leave the e-portfolio until the last minute, though. Especially if you suck at computers like I do.
- Laugh at yourself and be honest. Sometimes you come in with a draft and you know it sucks. Just be honest with your work group and say “hey, this is probably the shittiest thing I’ve ever written in my life.” That way they can help you and give you a lot of constructive criticism without them thinking it’ll be too mean, because you already told them you know it sucks.
- Have fun! Don’t stress yourself out too much. At the end of the semester you’ll be really proud of how much you accomplished in a short time!