Wear sunscreen

“If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it”

-from Baz Luhrmann’s sunscreen song (and Mary Schmich).

I think that’s pretty solid advice. Specifically in regards to the minor though, I think taking risks is important. For most of the projects (in my case), there was always an easy way that I could do them, the non-threatening and trodden path on the way to completing them. But if I hadn’t scared myself a little with some of the decisions I made for project II and III, I would definitely not have gotten as much enjoyment, meaning, and use out of them. The projects all signify something special to me, and I encourage future Gateway-ers to choose a topic that they know they are enthusiastic about, and then really stretch their mind when it comes to deciding what they want their Projects II and III to be.

I would also recommend fully utilizing the time you have in workshops and meetings with T. Your project proposal meetings will be so helpful in working out the maybe not as strong parts in your project outline. The workshops will give you so many important perspectives that you may not even have thought of before. The class works when there is a collaborative air, and I highly recommend contributing to that vibe.

The gateway was amazing, and I’m so sad it’s already over. Enjoy it!!The sunscreen speech, ladies and gentlemen.