Zeno’s Paradox Debunked – EXCLUSIVE

I fucked up.

I only vaguely remember what Zeno’s Paradox is and I was forbidden from googling it.  The concept was that if you want to move from point A to point B you have to go through the midpoint.  You can take that logic further by doing the same thing until you get the point where the midpoint is infinitesimally small and you can’t move at all.  Basically Zeno’s Paradox says I shouldn’t be able to type this.  But here I am.  Typing.  Like the rebellious gay I am.  So how is this possible?  How is movement possible?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Actually, I do.

Chemical signals in your brain create an electrical pulse that goes to your muscle cells.  Calcium is released from the sarcoplasmic reticulum that encapsulates the muscle fibers – let’s talk specifically skeletal muscle – and the calcium interacts with troponin-C. It binds to troponin-C which causes tropomyosin to move.  This movement unearths the active site on the protein actin.  Actin is a long polymer of globular proteins.  Myosin, a threaded protein, uses ATP and the chemical energy stored in its highly reactive phosphate groups to conformationally change the myosin and have it pull the actin until the actin is fully compressed.  This, my friends, is muscle compression.  And this, my friends, is how movement is possible.

What does the internet have to say about Zeno’s Paradox?   Honestly, I have no idea.  All I know is that it doesn’t really take into consideration energy, or the fundamentals of what movement is, and just tries to explain the whole process with one segment of its components, and it doesn’t work that way.  Or maybe it does.  I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

Until next time, constantly defying the laws of Zeno.

(That was the name of the paradox, right?)