How I trick myself into enjoying reading

Whenever I have to read something for a class, whether it be an essay, paper, or novel, I try to find the most comfortable chair to read it in. Usually I choose one of the two black cushioned chairs on the third floor of the UGLI next to the elevator. I had never thought about it this way before, but I realized during our discussion on Tuesday that this is probably my attempt to make the act of reading for school more enjoyable. By settling down into a big, soft chair with wide arm rests and propping my feet up on the table in front of me, I can associate reading with relaxation. Of course, if I’m trying to go for comfort, the most comfortable place I could read would be my bed. But whenever I try to read in bed, I’m usually asleep by a couple pages in. That’s why I choose the arm chair in the library. It’s a happy medium between the hardwood tables in the library where I do the rest of my school work and my go-t0 netflix watching spot at home – the perfect combination of work and leisure to accomplish what I need to do in an enjoyable way.