Some relevant things to read right now:
- The Book Thief by: Marcus Zusak
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by: Mindy Kailing
- Exit, Voice, and Loyalty by: Albert O. Hirschman
- Ellen DeGeneres’s Facebook page, filled with acts of kindness
- The Bible
- Sing to Me: My Story of Making Music, Finding Magic, and Searching for Who’s Next by: L.A. Reid (Rachel–I think this was the right book? If not correct me in the comments)
- @humansofny (Humans of New York) Instagram account
- Readings on constitutional law
- Readings on issues that the Supreme Court will be facing in the near future.
- The Wave by: Todd Strasser (Will–I think this is the author, clarify if I got it wrong)
- Card Stacks on Vox.com
- Encouraging quotes and poems (Shaylyn suggests Maya Angelou’s Still I Rise)
- Articles on The Guardian (Dennis suggests an article about the long-term strategies of Democrats and Republicans in the last few decades, and how it relates to the Midwest’s Republican vote this election)
- Articles on Buzzfeed
- Flipping back and forth between news sites such as BBC News/NYT and less heavy sites like Reddit.
- “A Letter to America from Leslie Knope” on Vox.com
- Nixonland and other writings by Rick Perlstein on Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan
- Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by: Claudia Rankine
Feel free to comment with clarifications or further suggestions!