Introducing… my ePortfolio!!!!

WOW. Creating my ePortfolio was quite a process. However, the blood, sweat and tears that were shed during the making of this project was all worth it. I am so proud of everything it has become 🙂 Making this ePortfolio has been such a unique experience because it has combined so many different skills, like visual design, creative writing, reflective writing, planning spaces, and argumentation strategies.

Looking back at this semester, I think about all the ways I have grown as a writer. The one way that sticks out to me most in my mind is the relaxation that I have learned to develop as I sit down to write a piece. Before this semester, writing was something I enjoyed and loved and was passionate about. However, it was something that was always associated with stress because I felt the need to get it right the first time. As I have previously mentioned, this is not the way to go about writing a first draft. I have learned to look at a first draft in a completely different way. This is something I would like to build on between now and the capstone. I want to make sure I do not forget the philosophy I have learned to have about taking time and having patience with the first draft of a piece.

I also can’t help but think about the way my blog group played an immensely important part in my writing processes. I learned to open up to them about my concerns and questions for each major project. I also learned how to critically read and analyze other pieces to give advice, which definitely contributed to my writing skills as well.