WRITING 220 INTRODUCTION: Alexis Bausch

YO! My name is Alexis and I am a sophomore pursuing, aside from the Minor in Writing, a degree in business.  I was born and raised in Ann Arbor and, apparently, liked the town enough to stick around for another 4 years.

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve been interested in the Fashion/Magazine world.  When choosing a major/minor, I took this into account and looked for a way to incorporate my love for journalism with skills I could apply in the Fashion industry.  This lead me to finding an interest in marketing, but I still urned for more creativity and writing in my life, thus leading me to join the Minor in Writing.

Throughout my life, I have always been extremely shy and awkward.  When I discovered writing (as it was taught in high school by my FAVORITE teacher), I realized, rather than socializing, I could express myself in words on paper!  I would like to push this interest further and get more in tune with my creative style and the styles of other writers as well.  I often push my hobbies to the side, but this year I vowed to pursue what I love and not let anything stop me! (Except maybe law enforcement)  I am excited to see where this new thinking will take me, along with what the Minor will allow me to learn about myself!

Talk soon,

Alexis (pictured below)