Writing 220: Remediation Ideas – Max Rysztak

In thinking about my remediation for my essay on IDF militaristic development and potential US similarities, a couple of options stand out.

Firstly, I am most excited by translating my essay into a speech. I’ve always wanted to be a┬ápolitical/policy speechwriter and I think a translation would be a great use of this essay. There is a lot of potential for this to be a speech as it is already academic, well supported, and relevant. The biggest challenge in this idea, however, is getting the right tone as the setting for the speech would be undefined.

For the complement section, I think it would be interesting to dive deeper into one of the policial actors I analyze in my original piece. Since I look at 4 Haganah (and future IDF) leaders, I could create a complement piece in hopes of diving deeper into one of the leaders – providing a more immersive reading background.

I am less excited about the adaptation/inspiration areas of a potential remediation simply due to the topic of my original essay. A potential adaptation piece could be one of adapting an original essay into an informational video (widely available and easy to understand). This could serve as educating the masses by using visuals to help explain the complex geographic conflict. In terms of inspiration, I think that a potential fiction piece, maybe on an IDF soldier being inspired by the leadership of one of the military leaders has potential – in that the point of view of the soldier could be more deeply understood.