Writing 220: DMC Tour Reflection

Today I ventured to North Campus for the first time ever (ok, engineering and arts students, get the eye rolls over with) and it was such a great experience! To start the journey, my classmates planned to all meet up together at the CCTC to make the bus ride together. #adults #teamwork

As we went through the tour of the Digital Media Commons at the Duderstadt center, I was amazed at all of the awesome tools available to students and then simultaneously upset that I hadn’t found this out until the end of my junior year. I mean, I’m sure I was told about it at an orientation or in one of the 234,597 emails the University sends, but I never knew the extent of my options. Seeing all there was to work with made me excited for project III, but also still worried because I don’t consider myself very “digitally creative”.

I’m still really unsure of what to do for my remediation project. I’m finally starting to feel like I might have a solid draft of project II ready to turn in, but I don’t know what would be the most effective way to remediate it. I really like the technology available in the personal studios in the DMC, so I might try to come up with something fun I can utilize in there.

~Stay tuned.~