Careful Curation: Minor in Writing Capstone

Ah, I can’t believe the time is finally here! I’m putting the finishing touches on my capstone and am thrilled to finally get to share it with the MiW community.

This semester, I decided to explore how social media and our devices either hamper or improve communication with others. Nowadays, some people choose to interact with their electronic devices rather than the people around them. But is this necessarily a bad thing? It is called “social” media for a reason. 

This Minor in Writing portfolio consists of three creative nonfiction short essays, written from my perspective, and a research report that analyzes the usage of technology in lieu of communication with others.

It is important to society today to think about the impact that our attachment to these devices has on the people around us. So now it’s your time to decide: does it encourage communication, or does it stifle it?

Link: https://hallkl.wixsite.com/website-1

Kelly Hall

I'm a junior at the University of Michigan studying Psychology with minors in Writing and Entrepreneurship. I love writing about community events, especially those involving sports. On campus, I spend most of my time at the Michigan Daily, where I'm a sports editor and writer.

2 thoughts to “Careful Curation: Minor in Writing Capstone”

1. Hi Kelly!
    I really enjoyed navigating through your eportfolio. I thought the layout was perfect and very easy to use. It actually encouraged me to scroll down and read your three essays which is great. I think this topic is so relevant and I can’t wait to finish reading the stories! Great job!!

2. Hey Kelly! I love the format of your website, it’s really clean and easy to use. I think the structure where you separate each part of your project and separate other works of writing makes a lot of sense for your project. I can’t wait to see part three and the final site!