Introducing…My Capstone Portfolio!

It could be due to the fact that I’m graduating soon, but introducing my Capstone Portfolio is making me feel a bit weepy. It’s the first of my last few assignments at the University of Michigan, and it has come to represent a lot of the writing pieces I’ve done over the last four years.

Overall, I’m thrilled with how my Portfolio and my Capstone Project have come out. When I first had the idea to create a business plan for my Capstone Project, I knew that it wouldn’t be easy. I only had one semester to do it, and I had high expectations for my end product. Through hours spent adjusting the beta version of the site to emailing back and forth with my mentors, I can honestly say it was all worth it. My Capstone Project, ModeCollab, is one of my greatest achievements over the last four years and I could not be more thrilled to share it with all of my fellow writers (please use the password: capstone2017 to view my website).

When it comes to my Capstone Portfolio, I view it as the “more mature” version of my Gateway Portfolio. I used a lot of the same language and headers, but I definitely see the difference in my voice and style of writing. I also chose to have my portfolio centered around a theme of “learning” because I think that sense of discovery encapsulate the work I’ve done not only for the Capstone, but for many of the courses I’ve taken through the Minor in Writing.

And here it is, the moment you all have been waiting for…my portfolio! I welcome any suggestions or feedback on it, so feel free to comment below!

Caroline Rafferty

Caroline is a Lauren Conrad aficionado with more clothes than sense. Currently suffering with a severe case of wanderlust and wondering why more people don't like jicama, Caroline is an extremely gifted napper who is a Communications major. Between reading "Into The Gloss" and listening to her "rbf" Spotify playlist, Caroline writes about anything that comes to mind. Anything.

2 thoughts to “Introducing…My Capstone Portfolio!”

1. Wow! Your project and portfolio look amazing– it was so cool to see this go from the brainstorming stages to the final product. Very professional and definitely something to show off to potential future employers. And yes, I too am weepy re the fact that we are graduating so soon!

2. Hey Caroline – I love the creativity of your project, it really comes out in the design choices of your choice and research. It has a very clean and sharp feeling to it. I very much look forward to seeing the final product!