My Painfully Long Capstone Project

Welcome to my 200 page book that is my Capstone Project. Over the course of the semester, I have been working on creating a book called¬†Truth Be Told: A Young Writer’s Guide to Creative Nonfiction. Creative nonfiction has made such an impact on me during my college career, and I wanted to find a way to share my experience with others, but also for them to create their own experience that would be as positive as mine.

I wrote a first person book based on my own experiences as a young writer navigating the field, because I wanted to create a “how to guide” that was more accessible for beginners. I also wanted to use the book as a way to showcase that young writers produce exceptional work that other young writers can strive to produce themselves. I never thought I would pull off a 200¬†page book, but here it is.

merefox95.wixsite.com/capstone

3 thoughts to “My Painfully Long Capstone Project”

1. Hi Meredith,

I am so glad that you completed your book. It is amazing! It is so unique how you create a textbook and plan to be a teacher next fall.

It has been a pleasure working with you in both Gateway and Capstone. Best of luck after graduation. Please reach out to me anytime. I look forward from speaking to you soon.

Regards,

Chloe

2. It looks like you put a ton of work into this project, Meredith! You have a sleek website setup, and each part of your portfolio is easy to find. Way to create something that can be used outside of this class.

3. Hey Meredith,

I’ve been so impressed with the sheer amount of writing that went into your capstone project. It looks like a lot of people submitted their writing to you which is amazing, and its not always easy to count on others for a personal project. I’m glad it was all able to pan out okay!