Workshop Reflection

From as long as I can remember, I had only ever done one workshop in my college career. I always hated to show my peers my writing until it was finished and I was happy with what I had done. However, I have loved doing workshops this semester. It was scary at first having to show one of our piece of writing to everyone or commenting in someone else’s writing. However, I think that everyone in our class was always not only respectful but most importantly really helpful. Everyone’s comments were always specific with an idea to make the paper stronger and/or showing the author one part of the paper that was really strong and interesting to guide him or her into the right direction for revisions. The more we did workshops as a class and as a group, the more I was happy to show my work and get feedback and the better I got at giving stronger feedbacks to my peers. It also helped me when writing and revising my work.

Each and every one of us has a different way of writing and therefore we each find specific issues in each other work that we think can be improved and can give multiple ideas into how to improve a paper. I also think that we got to know each other style of writing better throughout the semester and therefore were able to give constructive feedback that the author could use while maintaining their own style of writing. Workshops for Project III were a lot of fun and I cannot wait to see all of our projects because they are so interesting and different that it makes it really nice to learn about it and listen, read or watch it.