MiW Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Kirsty McInnes and I am a junior studying Communications. I have lived in Plymouth, MI for most of my life, but I’m originally from the United Kingdom! This summer I worked as a floral assistant and got to help create awesome floral arrangements and bouquets for weddings; it was one of the most fun (and stressful) things I’ve ever done. I’m also currently the President of Consider Magazine, a point/counterpoint magazine on campus and most, if not all, of my free time is dedicated to that.

I decided to minor in writing for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I received a ton of really great recommendations for the program. Ellie Flom, a junior in the program, bombarded me with stories of the amazing time she had in her Gateway course and I also received positive feedback from an alum whom I did an informational interview with, Miriam Akervall. Secondly, I’ve always been a very avid reader and my love of words has transitioned from just reading them to also writing them and shaping them into pieces that I’m proud of. I’m extremely excited to be starting the Gateway course and can’t wait to see where this experience will take me as a writer!