Tolentino and Small Staid Readings

• Trump and the Truth: The Sexual-Assault Allegations, published in the New Yorker by Jia Tolentino
  • While this piece may appeal to a specific audience, such as educated women, the inherently informative nature of the piece makes it a necessary read for any individual.
  • Considering I am a young and educated woman, I am considered the target audience. The entire piece spoke to me. Tolentino highlighted the many concerns and fears the women of today’s world feel in regards to having Trump as President of the United Stated.

• Girl in a Country Song, published in The Point, by Mairead Small Staid
  • The target audience for this piece would be individuals who are interested in learning and reading about injustices and inequalities inflicted onto women. The article would be particularly relevant to people who listen to country music.
  • I do find myself to be a part of this piece’s target audience. Small Staid’s arguments were incredibly poignant and compelling. It was not hard to find a connection to the piece, as the general message overlapped and agreed with my personal opinions.