Writers’ Trustworthy and Authority

Respect Authority, but not trustworthy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/10/ivana-trump-book-review/543084/

When I read this article, I was surprised to see Ivana Trump’s personal views and opinions on raising her family with Donald Trump, and imparting values to their children through their twisted notions of parenting. Her statements are extremely authoritative, when she mentions, “If you can’t be the best, why bother?” or “If you develop a competitive drive early in life, it’ll stay with you forever.” These statements also reflect her “unapologetic egotistical” nature where she expresses her sole authority in defining her parenting ethics through “I believe the credit for raising such great kids belongs to me.” I felt that this article certainly highlights her pride and authority in raising her children in the “best” way that she could even had, but I do not find it trustworthy enough to believe her memories of growing up and her “cheeky” statements that taught her children about competition being the sole objective and purpose of life.

Trustworthy, but not authoritative: 

I had read this article the first thing in the morning on October 16th since I like knowing more about the airlines industry and the related companies. I find this article trustworthy since the writer gathers significant information from the top three airlines – Delta, United, and American Airlines, and compares and contrasts the many ways in which they target consumers and offer free/complimentary meals that affect consumer choices and preferences. The writer explicitly states facts and industry changes and introduction of new company policies that does not give her much authority.

Apoorvee Singhal

Hopeless romantic, fiction enthusiast, eternally loves coffee and (bougie) brunch