Introducing My Gateway E-portfolio

At 6:02 PM, December 15th, 2017, I hit the “Publish” button on Wix. Wow. This is a bit anticlimactic. I feel like I’ve gained so much from this course that the final embodiment of my work, the site, is simply a place that houses the progress I’ve already made-in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Throughout this semester, I’ve learned so much about writing and the possibilities of writing. But by far the biggest way I’ve grown is that I’ve begun to learn how to accept failure and the art of making mistakes. I used to be physically pained by mistakes. One misspelling would irk me for days. Now, I understand the value of mistakes and that not everything can be 100% perfect. If there are textbooks that have been reviewed by multiple editors with typos, I think I can handle making small mistakes without obsessing over them.

Besides making mistakes, I’ve discovered an excitement for audio and visual forms of writing. I believe that people perform best when they are doing something they actually enjoy doing. I hope to continue to use multimodal writing, inside and outside of my writing classes to continue to explore and build upon the skills I’ve gained from now until the capstone and beyond. I will never stop writing-because technically everything is writing.

But for now, here’s my site: https://amyzhang4.wixsite.com/eportfolio