What NOT to do.

After contemplating which project pitch I wanted to choose and finally coming to a decision, I felt immensely relieved. I thought the hardest part of the process was over, however, I soon realized that this was not the case.

The next step of the process was to create a timeline for the project. The actual making of the timeline was not the extremely difficult part, it was the sticking to the timeline that I began to struggle with. When creating the timeline, it was not very simple to predict my schedule for the remainder of the semester and take into account my commitments outside of this course. Life began to get in the way, and the deadlines I made for myself began to become unrealistic. This caused my timeline to be a continuous revision that I updated and changed multiple times throughout the semester.

Although I put a lot of time and effort into my original timeline, reflecting back on this process, I wish that I had devoted even more time to it. Taking the time to closely examine the dates of my other course deadlines, extra curricular activity events, and any friends and family commitments that I had during the semester, would have made it significantly easier for me to stick to my original deadlines.

Leave a Reply