Hi, I’m Emily Beaver. Yes my last name is an animal, yes it is kind of funny (at least to me). I have gotten more beaver related presents in my life than I could count, and my middle school gym teacher couldn’t tell my sisters and me apart so we all went by ‘The Beav’. I have completely accepted the last name as something that represents me, and my username in middle school for every platform of social media was beaverchick2. It doesn’t make too much sense, because I am the oldest and I don’t even like the number 2, but I thought that it flowed well so that’s just what it is.
Recently, I began to have a quarter-life crisis as I turned 21 on Tuesday (woo!) and realized that I really can be categorized as an adult now. Not that I consider myself an adult, but I am legally one. I looked at who I already was, and what I wanted to become. Mainly though, I wanted to continue to do things that made me smile and laugh. I never want to take life to seriously!
- I’m a Junior at studying Communications, Digital Studies, and Writing
- I am from Westhampton Beach, NY
- I have twin sisters who are 14 months younger than me (Irish triplets according to my mom)
- My dog just got ACL surgery (yes that’s right, I said my dog)
- I was the tallest kid in my elementary school (5’2) and now the shortest of my friends (5’2)
- I have watched Grey’s Anatomy 2 times fully through, and plan on starting again soon
- I spend much of my day worrying about summer internships
‘Adult Me’ wants to:
- Keep watching Grey’s Anatomy until I memorize the words (jk… but I’ll watch again for sure)
- Have brunch once a week
- Dance around my kitchen
- Work hard enough that I am proud of myself but not hard enough that I become focused on my career and not my personal life
- Keep my college and high school friends in my life besides just liking each other’s Facebook posts
- Eat cake for breakfast sometimes
- Buy my dream car
- Live in NYC
Basically, I have a lot of things I want to do when I am older but I want to continue to be the fun loving person I am now. We’ll see, I’ve only been 21 for 2 full days now.