Committing is Hard

I chose my topic. I know what I want to write about but I have a hard time committing to how or what I am doing with that topic. I feel like maybe I do not know enough about it yet? The fact that I love a TV Show about Witchcraft does not make me an expert on Witchcraft and now that I have decided that this is what I am going to write about it feels like I have no idea what to do with it. No idea that I have feels good enough.

I go from an academic more history based project to a fun 21st-century Witchcraft project with 10 other ideas in between. Nothing seems like the perfect project to me. I like the topic so much that I want everything to be perfect but in the end, I can’t commit to anything and that will hardly make anything perfect.

I feel like I have rarely had that problem in the past. I usually have an idea as soon as the assignment is given and then I brainstorm it and something comes to my mind and here it is. I have a final product. But for this project, it seems as if there is more Storming than Brain and I cannot seem to commit to anything I come up with. The only other time I remember feeling this way was during my Gateway class when I had to choose which one of my past work I would be working on. I remember coming up with three different work that I had liked but also felt could be worked on more and improved but when it was time to commit to one I could not decide which one I actually wanted to use. I had to talk with my professor and other students in my groups to make a decision.

I have been thinking that maybe I should just start doing some research, some readings or even write something but even that I have a hard time deciding on which way to go, where to start. So for right now, I will just tell myself to start and eventually, it will take me somewhere. Hopefully.

Let’s get to work!!