I’m a Writer?

When I was younger and people would ask me what my favorite subject in school was, I would always say English. Looking back, I don’t really know if that’s true, but I do know that my love an affinity towards writing has only grown. Today, as I look at the work I have done both in the gateway and also just in my academic career, I can confidently say that I am a writer. I am not entirely sure what that means yet, and I’m sure that over time it will change, but, for now, I am just enjoying taking my writing to a new place.

On countless occasions, I have tried to keep a diary, or write a blog, or even just send out emails to my friends and family every so often with an update. I have never been able to stick with it, and I’m sure that I thought I had a good reason at the time, but in reality, I was probably just lazy and frankly, intimidated. I have learned that writing doesn’t have a time, place or form that it must take. I am constantly writing, whether it is one of the hundreds of texts I send a day or an academic paper that I have spent days working on.

The Minor in Writing has taught me that I am a writer, and I am eager to see how my identity as a writer continues to grow throughout this journey!