Win the Day, every day

My very close friend’s father passed away from Pancreatic cancer when I was a freshman in college. He had been battling with exhaustion and odd flashes of weakness that led him and his family to believe that something was not right. When diagnosed, he was told he had six months to live. Well, he lived for 13 months.

Every day, he and his family would sit in the stuffy hotel room at Stanford University where he received his chemo treatments and they would record three great things that happened each day. He called it “winning the day”. Some days, the big win was sitting up enough to eat his breakfast, other days it was progress with the treatment. But despite this, he lived his life every single day with no regrets. And boy was it admirable.

My family has taken on this motto in our lives ever since he and his family introduced it to us a few years ago. In our family group chat each night, we all send our win for the day. Today, mine was that I got a job I wanted! My brother’s was that he bought his plane ticket to come home. Everyone has a different win

So, I challenge each of you to find your win each and every day. Life is truly a blessing and every day matters. Share your win with your friends, family, neighbors, anyone! I promise it makes even the little things so worth it.

Today, my win was getting the job I wanted, but yesterday, it was that I got out of bed with a smile on my face and attacked my day. What’s your win?