Your Turn Now :)

The gateway to writing class has been a highlight of my semester. I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t always prepared for class. I didn’t always know what was going on. But the community of people that I found here and the freedom that this class gives you in the writing process are both incredible. I am so excited that you get to experience it now too. Here are my words of wisdom (take with a grain of salt):

Don’t be afraid to take risks. The concept of experimenting with one piece of writing over and over again might feel silly or scary or both. Use these experiments as an opportunity to try things you think are crazy, or far-fetched, or unexpected. We’re here to try things that are crazy or far-fetched or unexpected.

Get over any qualms you have about speaking, reading, and sharing your own work in class. I promise you, T will find a way for everyone to read. She will.

Make friends with your class. They’re the ones that will tell you write all your blog posts and write silly notes in your book at the end of the semester. They’re the ones that will give you the greatest ideas for revision, and the ones that you will go out of your way to take class with again next semester. Be able to call them friends by the end of class. It will make all the difference in the world.

Have fun 🙂